Blackened Redfish Recipe
Serve this blackened redfish recipe with a cold lager
Cutting the fillets to the same thickness allows them to cook evenly on each side. (Photo courtesy of Tommy LeVasseur)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4 minutes
- 6 (6 to 8-ounce redfish fillets), cut ½-inch thick.
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (or other chili powder)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Unsalted butter
1. Heat heavy skillet over high heat for several minutes until it is smoking hot.
2. While pan is heating, combine all of the seasonings to create a mix. Dip each fillet in melted butter, coating both sides well.
3. Next, sprinkle seasoning mix generously and evenly on both sides of fillet.
4. Place fillets in the smoking hot skillet and pour 1 teaspoon of butter on the top of each one. Do not crowd the skillet. Allow plenty of room to be able to turn fish and allow them to char!
5. Cook until each fillet looks charred, which is about 2 minutes a side. Serve and enjoy.
Be Well, Live well, Eat well - the Camo Gourmet