Habanero Barbecue Sauce (Recipe)
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
If you want to learn how to make bbq sauce with this recipe, I have a word of warning. Please use gloves when handling these peppers; they are very hot.
- 8 habanero peppers, (or to taste) seeded and chopped*
- 15.5 oz can of peaches in light syrup
- 1/2 cup molasses or honey
- 3 garlic cloves
- dash of Liquid Smoke
- 2 TBS homemade yellow mustard
- 1/2 cupbrown sugar, packed
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 TBS kosher salt
- 2 TBS paprika
- 1 TBS freshly ground black pepper
- 1 TBS ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice (optional)
Place all of the ingredients in a food process or blender and liquefy. Place in a saucepan and cook for ten minutes. Pour into jars and refrigerate overnight before using.
*Use the seeds if you want it hotter.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!