Ginger Peach Julep Recipe
The ideal cocktail for a hot summer day, this ginger peach julep recipe is as refreshing as it is delicious
Ginger Peach Julep Recipe (Photo courtesy of Dirty Gourmet)
Permitted use provided by: DirtyGourmet.com
Serves: 1 drink
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 ounce bourbon whiskey
- 2 slices ripe peach
- 8-10 mint leaves
- Ginger ale
- Tall glass (or jar/plastic mug)
- Muddler (or plastic spoon with long handle)
1. Add peach slices and mint to tall glass with whiskey. Use one shot for a single or two shots for a double. Muddle it all together so the peach and mint flavors infuse into the whiskey.
2. Fill glass to the top with ice.
3. Fill glass to the top with ginger ale. A good gingery micro-brewed ginger ale works really well here.
4. Sip and relax, and do chew on a mint leaf or peach slice here and there!