Layered Venison Taco Salad (Recipe)
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 1 lb ground venison, cooked and drained
- 1 packet homemade taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 TBS sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 can ripe olives, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped (reserve 1 TBS for garnish)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 2 cups sour cream
- homemade tortilla chips
Add taco seasoning and water to the cooked and drained ground venison. Cook over medium-high heat and mix well. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
Meanwhile, mash avocados with onion and lemon juice.
In a large 3 quart bowl, layer beef on the bottom then the avocado mixture, lettuce, olives, tomatoes, green onions, cheese, salsa and top with sour cream. Garnish with reserved tablespoon of green onion. Serve with chips.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!