On The Floor At SHOT - SHE Outdoor Apparel
LAS VEGAS, NV - SHE Outdoor Apparel was at SHOT Show 2010 with a myriad of products, including a few that are new for 2010. We spoke with Alyssa Klinkenberg, Technical Design Manager, about what SHE has to offer in 2010 for women who love the outdoors.
New for 2010, SHE is introducing a new product, called C2, which is a jacket and pants system, created especially for women, and designed to be quiet, comfortable, and dry during rugged, physical hunts. Here are just a few of the features of the C2 jacket and pants system:
- Slim-proflie arm, specifically created to be the ultimate hunting jacket, giving the jacket a great look and functionality
- Zipper "garage" that help to keep flaps down
- Bigger, rubberized zippers that make grabbing the zipper easier when wearing gloves
- Bicep pocket that can hold a license or other small items
- Reinforced belt loops with rivets
- Double snaps and a hidden button on fly
- Magnets sewn into pockets on side of pant, helping to keep a slimmer profile look and magnets are smooth against hand as you try to access pocket
- Pockets on side of pant are angled, allowing items in pocket to stay to side, giving more comfort and quiet in the field
- Reinforced seat for comfort in the field
Next up was the SHE Reversible Vest, a great looking vest designed for wear in and out of the field. The vest has a choice of camo prints between Realtree AP HD camo and Realtree Max-1HD. On the reverse side is a great khaki-colored quilted print with Thinsulate lining and insulation. Other great features include:
- Hip length
- Rubberized zipper taps and garages
- Pockets with magnetic flaps
- Fleece lined pocket
Alyssa next showed me the popular SHE's Core 4 (C4) system that includes jacket, pants, vest, gloves, and beanies, but we just looked at the jacket and pants. The C4 system is waterproof, wind resistant, has arm vents in the jacket, and includes a unique bib system for women with a patent pending zipper that goes around the inside of the vest and connects to the pants, creating a convenient, warm bib system for women. If you aren't wearing the vest and just have the jacket and won't need the zipper, Alyssa showed me how you can just snap all of the snaps on the pants and it creates a belt holder.
All of the pieces are body-mapped with Arctic Shield, and SHE placed the Arctic Shield in places where you lose the most heat - across the chest, across the thighs - because if it were in every pant, you would overheat. Also, all of the pieces have Thinsulate insulation for more cold weather protection, and the zippers are all waterproof. Another really great feature is the pants have a built-in adjustable cinch feature, helping you keep the fabric snug around the boots.
Next up was the shooting line designed exclusively for female shooters, and SHE worked with 4-time Olympic medalist Kim Rhode to create shooting clothing that works great and looks great. The collection comes in a myriad of colors depending on the piece - khaki, olive, medal blue with red trim, navy with red trim, olive with chocolate trim, and chocolate/moss green. Alyssa showed me the Rhode Shooting Jacket and Rhode Shooting Vest. Here are just some of the many features of the jacket and vest:
- MP3 pocket so you can listen to music while shooting
- Reinforced with real leather in the spots that get the most wear
- Removable shell holders in pocket
- Pockets expand
- Jacket is designed for cold weather - lined with wind repellant fleece
- Adjustable cinching straps at waste to help create great fit for every user
Overall, I was very impressed with the entire line of SHE Outdoor Apparel, designed for hunting, shooting, safari, adventure, accessories, and also includes lifestyle apparel such as tees, jackets, and hoodies. For more information on the entire line of SHE Outdoor Apparel, visit their website.
For more information, products, videos, and articles from SHOT Show 2010, please continue to visit OutdoorChannel.com