Outdoor Channel Launches Free iPhone App
Outdoor Channel, America's Leader in Outdoor TV, has launched its free Outdoor Channel App for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, available for download from the iTunes App Store. Avid outdoorsmen and women can now connect with the Outdoor Channel brand and its highly compelling offerings in real-time, while also sharing their experiences with their fellow enthusiasts while on the go and in the field.
The Outdoor Channel App acts as a gateway to Outdoor Channel's full spectrum of industry-leading entertainment, including video clips, news, programming information and schedule. The new app also provides engaging social interactivity functions, enabling outdoor fans to upload photos with comments to their Outdoor Channel Community page, in addition to interacting with the network's social platforms on Facebook and Twitter.
The Outdoor Channel App is one of the first available that utilizes Apple's new AirPlay technology, allowing users to stream video from their iPhone or iPad directly to their Apple TV.
The Outdoor Channel App features:
- Video: Watch clips of Outdoor Channel shows, exclusive talent footage and highlighted event clips.
- News: Check out the latest hunting, fishing, shooting, off-road, adventure, conservation and industry event news.
- Shows: Find complete information on Outdoor Channel's genre-leading programming, including show descriptions, schedule and talent overviews.
- Schedule: Search the network's robust programming schedule to find out what's on Outdoor Channel now or what's coming up throughout the week.
- Social: Connect to the Outdoor Channel Community, where enthusiasts can access their profile; share tips and stories; and upload photos of a great catch or shots from their outdoor adventures. Also, access Outdoor Channel's Twitter and Facebook feeds for the latest tweets and wall posts from America's leader in Outdoor TV.
The Outdoor Channel App is available for free in the Sports category of the App Store or at: www.itunes.com/appstore/