Crappie Cocktail Recipe
Simple to make and extremely healthy to eat, try this tasty crappie cocktail recipe with crappie or your preference of any white-fleshed fish
With crappie already having a taste similar to crab, this crappie cocktail recipe gives it the perfect enhancement of flavor.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 crappie fillets (6 to 8-ounces each), cut into finger-sized strips
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 6 to 8-ounces crab or shrimp boil
1. Refrigerate crappie fillets in a saltwater bath for an hour. Rinse and cut fillets in half down the lateral line.
2. Cut crappie fillets into finger-sized lengths and place strips into boiling water and shrimp boil mixture. Fillet strips will curl, firm up and become very white in appearance when done. Cook for approximately 4-6 minutes, depending on length and width of strips.
3. Remove strips from water and drain on paper towels. Place in the refrigerator for an hour or more to chill the strips thoroughly.
4. Serve on a bed of crushed ice with toothpicks or small forks and dip curls in your favorite cocktail sauce.