Corned Beef and Cabbage (Recipe)
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
Corned Beef and Cabbage in a Crock Pot
- 4-1/2 lb corned beef brisket
- 1/4 stick homemade unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups homemade beef broth
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 3 TBS vinegar
- 3 TBS white sugar
AT THE LAST HOUR or TWO OF COOKING, ADD:
- 5 carrots, peeled and julienne
- 1 large head of cabbage, cut into wedges
- 10 small red potatoes
Pour in the broth, vinegar and sugar. Next place the brisket in the fluid and spread the butter over the top of the meat that is not in the fluid. Top with the quartered onions. Season with pepper.
Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours, and high for 6-7 hours or until the meat falls apart.
I add the vegetables during the last hour or two of cooking. Slice the meat across the grain. The leftovers from this easy cabbage recipe makes some awesome reuben sandwiches.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!