Anglers Share Their Secrets Tonight in Primetime
2013 GEICO Challenge Cup, Lake Istokpoga, Oct. 22 - 27, 2012
Permitted use provided by: MajorLeagueFishing.com
TULSA, Okla. – On a special episode of "Major League Fishing," select anglers share strategies and secrets about how they found and caught fish during the tough conditions they faced at the 2013 GEICO Challenge Cup on Florida’s Lake Istokpoga. The episode begins airing Thursday at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT on Outdoor Channel, America’s Leader in Outdoor TV.
“We have gotten tremendous reaction from fans on these Major League Lessons episodes, and this one is especially insightful. Our anglers faced some days when the bite was really tough, and on other days they faced hurricane winds,” said Major League Fishing Commissioner Don Rucks.
“As much as people enjoy our competition shows, this is the show that even our own MLF anglers especially like to watch. They like to see what each other is doing. I think if you compete in local tournaments, or if you just like to go out on weekends and see what you can catch, this is a must-see television show.”
Highlights of the episode include:
- Legendary angler Gary Klein breaking down the spinnerbait
- Florida native Bobby Lane demonstrating drop shots into heavy vegetation
- B.A.S.S. Toyota Angler of the Year Brent Chapman navigating and fishing creeks and canals
- Former Bassmaster Classic champion Alton Jones showing you how he found quality over quantity
- Oklahoma native Edwin Evers explaining how he discovered schooling fish
Challenge Cup coverage airs six times per week on Outdoor Channel throughout the second quarter of 2013. For air times, please check HERE.
Major League Fishing also offers EXTENDED CAST, a web-based, significantly expanded version of the Challenge Cup television episodes. EXTENDED CAST can be accessed by clicking HERE. The first episode of EXTENDED CAST is offered free.
Jack Link's Major League Fishing Show Page