Old-Fashioned Lemonade Recipe
Nothing beats a refreshing homemade lemonade on a hot day!
Add vodka to this old-fashioned lemonade recipe for a thirst-quenching summer cocktail. (Photo courtesy of MissHomemade.com)
I love this lemonade recipe (and so does everyone else). When the mugs are chilled, pour yourself a glass of old-fashioned lemonade.
This recipe makes a great vodka lemonade. You can also mix half lemonade and half iced tea for a wonderful change to an old-fashioned drink!
Yield: 6 cups
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
Total time: 10-15 minutes
- 6 lemons
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1-2 lemons thinly sliced to float
1. Put lemons in microwave for about 10-15 seconds to warm them up a bit. Juice the lemons.
2. Boil 2 cups of water together with the sugar. It dissolves the sugar for no grainy taste.
3. In a gallon pitcher, combine lemon juice with hot and cold water. Add ice and stir.
4. Serve chilled. You can rim glasses with sugar and garnish with lemon slices before serving
For more homemade drink recipes, visit MissHomemade.com.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!