Blackened Bison Steak with Espresso Rub (Video) (Recipe)
From The Camo Gourmet
Blackened Bison Steak with Espresso Rub
- 2 – 6oz Bison Steaks
- 2 oz ground espresso
- 1 Tbs Kosher salt
- 1 Tps Curry Powder
- 1 Tps ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tps Crushed Red Peppers
- Remove steaks from refrigerator 15 minutes prior to applying the rub. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine together all the rub ingredients in a bowl that has enough bottom surface area for steaks to lay flat.
- Drop one steak at a time in the rub and work the rub in aggressively!
- Start heating a cast iron skillet on medium high heat until you can hold your palm three inches above the surface for only a three Mississippi count.
- Add 2 ½ oz Virgin Olive oil to the skillet.
- Allow 15 seconds for the oil to get smoking hot!
- Place both steaks in the skillet and stay tuned! Watch closely as the steaks cook. Flip them after the heat line on the side of the steaks is 1/3 of the way up the side. Cook about half the time on the next side. Medium rare is your goal!
- Let the steaks rest 3-4 minutes by covering them on a WARM plate.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!