Camper's Stew (Recipe)
- 2 pounds cubed venison
- 4 to 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups hot water
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms (1 ½ cup), undrained
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 ounces canned kidney beans (1 cup), undrained
- 3 medium carrots, sliced crosswise
- 6 ounces tomato sauce (3/4 cup)
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon leaf oregano
Salt and pepper meat and dredge in flour. Brown in margarine. Add water, vegetables, tomato sauce, garlic salt, bay leaves, and oregano. Cover and simmer slowly for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Serves 6.
Recipe courtesy of Jim Zumbo's Amazing Venison Recipes cookbook. For more information visit http://www.jimzumbo.com
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!