BBQ Bear Stew Recipe
Looking for a simple yet tasty recipe for that bear meat you have in your freezer? This BBQ bear stew recipe is for you!
- 3 pounds bear steak, cut in 2-inch cubes
- 5 pieces uncooked salt pork, or 5 pieces of thick bacon (chopped)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup A1 sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups onion diced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Trim all fat from bear steak and cut into 2-inch cubes.
Sear meat with bacon or salt pork so it’s brown on all sides in a heavy fry pan or cast iron wok.
Place the meat in casserole.
Add rest of ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Pour mixed ingredients into the casserole and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Put casserole into hot BBQ grill. Cover and bake for at least 2 hours in a 325F oven, stirring occasionally until meat is tender.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below!