Cooking BBQ Bear Stew with Rick Browne (Video) (Recipe)
- 3 lbs. bear steak, cut in 2-inch cubes
- 5 pieces uncooked salt pork, or 5 pieces of thick bacon (chopped)
- 1 cup catsup
- 1/3 cup A1 sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups onion diced
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Trim all fat from bear steak and cut into 2-inch cubes
Sear meat with bacon or salt pork so it’s brown on all sides in a heavy fry pan or cast iron wok.
Place the meat in casserole.
Add rest of ingredients to a bowl and mix well, then pour into the casserole and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then put casserole into hot bbq grill, cover and and bake for at least 2 hours in a 325F oven, stirring occasionally until meat is tender.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!