Homemade Venison Meatball Casserole (Recipe)
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 TBS grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground venison burger
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 28 oz homemade spaghetti sauce
PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees.
In a bowl, combine the onion, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Add to the venison burger and mix well. Shape into approximately 1" balls and place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
In the bottom of a ungreased 9x13 pan, arrange bread slices to cover the bottom (some will be left over).
Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning; and spread of the bread slices. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
Combine the sauce, water and garlic. Add the meatballs and pour over the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a fresh salad.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!