Venison Tenderloin Bake (Recipe)
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 2 lb venison tenderloins, back strap or chops
- 2 cups homemade soy sauce
- 3 cups homemade brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp homemade garlic powder
- 2 tsp homemade onion powder
- 1/2 tsp homemade hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 15 bacon strips, each piece will be wrapped vertically around the tenderloin
Whisk the marinade ingredients; soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and onion powder, hot sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl and pour into a resealable bag that the tenderloin will fit in. Add the tenderloin and make sure the piece of meat is covered in marinade. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
PREHEAT the oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9x13 inch pan with vegetable oil.
Take the venison out of the marinade. Wrap the bacon around the tenderloin girth, and cover entire tenderloin with bacon. Place carefully in the prepared pan and pour the reserved marinade over the entire tenderloin.
Bake (rare: 25-30 minutes; medium: 30-40 minutes; well done: 45-55 minutes) according to how you want the meat. Place on a grill or broil to crisp the outside of the tenderloin and the bacon.
Let the meat rest for at least 10 minutes and carve the width of the bacon slice, so each portion has a slice of crispy bacon around it.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!