Quick and Crispy Fish Batter Recipe
This Quick and Crispy Fish Batter Recipe tastes awesome on walleye fillets, sauger and saugeye
Quick and Crispy Fish Batter Recipe (Photo courtesy of Raschell Rule)
Don't limit yourself to fish with this Quick and Crispy Fish Batter Recipe! It also tastes great on onion rings and chicken.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 walleye fillets (or nearly any white-fleshed fish)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon homemade onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon homemade garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Mix dry ingredients together, slowly add milk and water and beat until smooth.
2. Dredge fillets in all purpose flour first and dip fish in the batter; allowing excess to drip off.
3. Fry fillets in vegetable oil until golden brown on both sides and fish is cooked through.
For more fish recipes, please visit MissHomemade.com.