Sweet Citrus Roast Duck Recipe
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp sweet basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup homemade unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 unpeeled orange, sliced
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch (for gravy before serving)
Combine the rub ingredients and use half of this mixture for the inside cavity of the duck.
Heat the honey, butter, orange juice, lemon juice and grated orange in a saucepan. Rub 3 TBS of this mixture inside the cavity of the duck and fill with the orange slices.
Now rub the outside of the duck with the remaining dry ingredients and then cover entirely with the remaining marinade. Rub tightly in foil and refrigerate overnight. PREHEAT oven to 325 degrees.
Roast for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Unwrap and baste with the drippings and put back in oven for approximately 25 minutes or until the duck is golden brown. For gravy, add the cornstarch to the drippings.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!