Homemade Venison Jerky Recipe
You'll never buy store-bought again after trying this venison jerky recipe
Making your own venison jerky is a great way to make the most of your deer harvest.
Yield: 2 pounds venison jerky
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours
- 4 pounds venison
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian hot paprika, more if you want it hot
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (or to taste)
1. Trim fat from venison (if there is any) and slice into 4-inch strips. The venison pieces should be between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick. It is easier to slice the venison if it is partially frozen. Pound meat lightly and set aside.
2. Combine rest of ingredients and mix well. Pour this marinade over the venison strips. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. In the morning, line cookie sheets with foil. Place venison strips on sheets – do not overlap meat.
4. Preheat oven to 150-175 degrees, or the lowest temperature it has. Bake for 3 hours; turn venison strips over and bake for an additional 3 hours. Venison jerky is cooked when meat is dried out. Enjoy.
For more venison recipes visit, MissHomemade.com.