Antelope Venison Chorizo Burgers Recipe
This venison recipe makes an over-the-top antelope chorizo burger that will have you and your family asking for seconds
These antelope chorizo burgers come out of the oven extremely moist and full of flavor. (Photo courtesy of Nevada Foodies)
Freshly ground antelope venison is mixed with mild chorizo and pan fried in a cast-iron skillet. For a one-of-a-kind venison burger, finish it off with a slice of Havarti cheese, caramelized sweet onions and a spicy thousand island sauce.
Yield: 5-6 burgers
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground antelope venison burger
- ¼ pound chorizo sausage (mild, medium or hot)
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices Havarti Cheese
- Tomato, sliced (optional)
- Hamburger buns or rolls
Caramelized Sweet Onions Ingredients:
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
Sriracha Thousand Island Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup sweet relish or dill relish
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
1. Mix together ground antelope venison, chorizo, coriander, garlic powder and panko breadcrumbs. Shape into 5-6 hamburger patties. Let the meat rest for 15 minutes.
2. Heat cast-iron skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter and add onions. Sauté your onions until they become translucent. Add brown sugar, stir and continue to cook for a few more minutes. Remove onions from skillet and set aside.
3. Turn oven broiler to high.
4. Using the same cast-iron skillet, turn the heat up to medium-high and add 2 tablespoons butter. Place burgers in skillet and cook on each side for approximately 5-6 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat.
5. Top each antelope venison chorizo burger with a slice of Havarti cheese and some caramelized onions. Place cast-iron skillet under the broiler until the cheese has melted. Remove from oven.
For more antelope recipes, visit NevadaFoodies.com
Antelope Venison Chorizo Burgers Recipe (Photo courtesy of Nevada Foodies)