Venison Burger Bake (Recipe)
Forget about Meatless Mondays. Celebrate Monday with this Venison Burger Bake topped with Cornbread Stuffing. Serve warm with a side salad or nothing at all.
- 1 box Cornbread Stove Top Stuffing (cook as directed)
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded/diced squash
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Cook Cornbread Stove Top Stuffing as directed.
- Cook ground venison in cast iron skillet. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, squash, zucchini and mushrooms to skillet and cook until vegetables are soft. Add mushroom soup mix, sour cream and ground venison stirring everything together.
- Remove from heat and top with cooked cornbread stuffing.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for approximately 20-30 minutes.