Antelope Pozole Stew Recipe
This antelope stew recipe includes ground antelope, white hominy, green enchilada sauce, onions and a blend of seasonings
Antelope Pozole Stew Recipe (Nevada Foodies photo)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- ¾ to 1 pound ground antelope burger (works with elk and venison)
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 28 ounces white or yellow hominy
- 25 ounces green enchilada sauce
- ½ to 1 can light beer (optional, but use it if you can)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pan, add onions and garlic, and cook until onions become translucent. Add hominy to onion mixture and stir together. Add enchilada sauce, beer, salt, cumin, white pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and oregano. Cook over low heat about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cook ground antelope, hominy and enchilada sauce for an additional 30 minutes. (Nevada Foodies photo)
2. In a separate pan, heat remaining oil and cook ground antelope until browned. Add antelope to hominy and enchilada sauce. Continue to cook on low heat for another 30 minutes.
For more antelope recipes, visit NevadaFoodies.com.