Crush Recipe: Vodka and Venison Cream Pasta
Lee & Tiffany make an upgrade to your normal pasta dish with venison and vodka
Vodka and Venison Cream Pasta Recipe (Photo courtesy of "Crush with Lee & Tiffany")
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound cooked ground venison
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vodka
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Penne pasta
- Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- Fresh basil, chopped
1. In large skillet, add oil, butter, shallots and garlic. Sauté 3-5 minutes.
2. Add vodka to pan and cook until vodka is reduced by half (this takes about 3-5 minutes).
3. Add chicken stock and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Add cooked venison and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add heavy cream and return to a bubble.
6. Cook pasta according to package directions.
7. Spoon vodka and venison sauce over cooked penne pasta.
8. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh basil. Serve with crusty bread and salad.
For more recipes from Crush with Lee & Tiffany, visit TheCrush.tv.