Crush Recipe: Vodka and Venison Cream Pasta
Lee & Tiffany make an upgrade to your normal pasta dish with venison and vodka
(Photo courtesy of "Crush with Lee & Tiffany")
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 (28oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- fresh basil chopped
- 1 pound of venison browned and drained
- In large skillet, put oil, butter, shallots and garlic. Sauté 3-5 minutes.
- Add vodka to pan and cook until vodka is reduced by half (this takes about 3-5 minutes).
- Add chicken stock and tomatoes. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add cooked venison and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and return to bubble. Remove and serve over cooked penne pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve with crusty bread and salad.
For more recipes from Crush with Lee & Tiffany, visit TheCrush.tv.