Crush Recipe: Venison Enchilada
This venison recipe is one of Lee Lakosky's favorite dinners
Venison enchilada with tortilla chips and sour cream. (Photo courtesy of "Crush with Lee & Tiffany")
- 2 pounds ground venison or elk meat, browned
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 ounces taco sauce (not salsa)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 cups shredded Mexican or sharp cheese
- 8 (8- to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- Add taco seasoning and water to browned venison. Set aside.
- Mix taco sauce and melted butter. Set aside.
- Grease a 9x13 pan. To make enchiladas, use a large pizza pan.
- Put a ladle of the taco/butter mixture in the middle of pan.
- Take a tortilla, one at a time, and lay in taco/butter mixture. Turn it over and put a large spoonful of meat mixture across tortilla. Sprinkle with a little cheese. Roll up and place in pan. (This is the messy part!) Repeat until all tortillas are filled and in pan.
- Pour enchilada sauce over all and top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Check often to make sure cheese isn't burning.
- Serve with usual toppings (lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream, onions, jalapeños, etc.)
For more venison recipes from Crush with Lee & Tiffany, visit TheCrush.tv.