Venison Recipe: Caribou Mexican Hot Dish
Layers of cheese, onion, tomato and delicious venison make this caribou Mexican hot dish the perfect family meal
- 1-pound ground caribou meat
- 1 package (1 ¼-ounces) homemade taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon homemade cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup beef broth (water is okay)
- 1 (8-ounce) package shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 4-ounce can chopped green chilies
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- Green onion, chopped for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
Brown meat and onion over medium heat. Drain and add the beef broth, taco seasoning and tomato paste. Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add macaroni, chilies and 1 ½ cups cheese. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top each serving with chopped green onion.
For more delicious venison recipes, please visit www.MissHomemade.com.