Protect Those Gun Safe Queens with a Long-Term Firearm Treatment
A little time spent applying a good protectant to guns before they are put away for storage will help maintain firearm appearance, function and value
A small investment in time and money is a cheap insurance policy for long-term gun storage. The key to worry-free protection is using a treatment specially made to do the job. (Photo courtesy of Otis)
When storing guns for an extended period of time, protect them from the harsh effects of moisture and humidity with a treatment specifically engineered for the job, such as the Otis Long Term Firearm Protectant.
This bio-based formula uses water displacement and leaves a thin, waxy film to protect against corrosion for long-lasting protection. Protects firearms up to 12 months, if used indoors.
- Protects firearms from oxidation, rust and corrosion
- Ideal for use for end-of-season storage
- Displaces water and leaves a thin waxy film
- Protects firearms indoors 12 months
- Available in 4-ounce aerosol
How to Use (Aerosol)
- Make sure firearm is unloaded and refer to the firearm’s manual for proper maintenance.
- After cleaning and lubricating the firearm, according to the firearm’s manual, hold the Otis Long Term Protectant can 6 to 10 inches away from the firearm and apply a light amount to metal parts. For more controlled coverage, apply a small amount to a cleaning patch or gun cloth and wipe on where needed.
- Reapply as needed over time.
- To remove, if desired, use Otis Firearm Surface Prep.