News Gear Posted
First Look: Daniel Defense DD WAVE Suppressor
Daniel Defense enters rifle silencer market with innovative construction method and advanced noise suppression technology
Manufactured from a state-of-art 3D-printing process and constructed with quality materials, the Daniel Defense DD WAVE suppressor touts its toughness with a full-auto rating. (Photo courtesy of Daniel Defense)
The new Daniel Defense DD WAVE rifle muzzle-blast suppressor is named in part for its advanced cascading wave-baffle geometry, which is more efficient at reducing loud noise levels than traditional baffle styles.
The DD WAVE’s unique one-piece, 3D-printed Inconel construction eliminates the need for welds – typically the weakest points of a traditional suppressor – providing increased strength and durability.
A no-tools quick-attach/detach coupling prevents carbon lock and securely mounts the DD WAVE suppressor to rifles via a durable stainless-steel muzzle device, making it easy to remove, even after extended use. A direct-thread option also is available.
Constructed of stainless steel, Inconel and titanium – a then salt-bath nitrided and Cerakote coated – the DD WAVE is strong yet lightweight, making it durable, unobtrusive and reliable enough for fulltime use.
- 3D-printed construction, no welds
- Made from stainless steel, Inconel and titanium
- Rated for .300 Win Mag and smaller calibers
- Muzzle-brake coupling and direct-thread mounting options
- Weighs 17.2 ounces
- 7.6 inches long with coupling
- 1.59 inches, max tube diameter
- Full-auto rated
- Repeatable bullet POI shift
- 7.62 caliber, direct thread to ½-28
- 7.62 caliber, direct thread to 5/8-24
- 7.62 caliber, quick-attach/detach to ½-28 muzzle device
- 7.62 caliber, quick-attach/detach to 5/8-24 muzzle device