New Shows Go Dark, Crazy
‘Dark and Dangerous,' ‘Crazy Clips' debut in second quarter
Ivan Carters shows more of the dangerous hunts in the Dark Continent.
TEMECULA, Calif. -- Kicking off Outdoor Channel's second quarter programming lineup is the second cup of season 2 in "Jack Link's Major League Fishing" (April 4 at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT). Twenty-four of the world's best professional anglers are back -- this time in Florida -- to compete for the 2013 Geico Challenge Cup in a unique tournament-style bass fishing competition.
Along with this network favorite, Outdoor Channel will debut two new shows, "Dark and Dangerous with Ivan Carter" (April 1 at 11 p.m. ET/10 p.m. CT) and "Marc & Todd's Crazy Clips" (April 30 at 11:30 p.m. ET/10:30 p.m. CT).
Among the nearly 80 returning hit shows are encore performances of three original series that premiered in Quarter1: "Bottom Feeders" (April 1 at 10:30 p.m. ET/9:30 p.m. CT), "King of the Spring presented by RAM" (April 2 at 10:30 p.m. ET/9:30 p.m. CT), and "Elite Tactical Unit: S.W.A.T., presented by Sig Sauer" (April 3 at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT).
That trio will accompany the return of network favorites boasting exclusive talent and appearances with "Michael Waddell's Bone Collector," "Gridiron Outdoors with Mike Pawlawski," "The Bass Pros," "The Crush with Lee & Tiffany" and "Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild."
In addition, even more network favorites are back with all-new episodes including "Choose Your Weapon," "Madfin Shark Series," "Savage Wild," "The Bassmasters 2013," and "STIHL'S TIMBERSPORTS Series." Outdoor Channel is also proud to be the home of hunting favorite, "Heartland Bowhunter," with episodes being re-aired this quarter to the lead-up of an all-new season beginning Quarter 3.
"The second quarter lineup is a solid blend of the most popular outdoor programming that continue to round out our roster," said Tom Hornish, President and CEO, Outdoor Channel. "The new season of 'Major League Fishing' will keep viewers on the edge of their seats with a whole new way to fish with no rules and no limits, while new seasons of shows like 'Madfin Shark Series' and 'Savage Wild' will transport our viewers to some of the most beautiful and dangerous places on earth."
Two new shows make their debut this quarter:
- "Dark and Dangerous with Ivan Carter": Long-time friend of Outdoor Channel and host of "Tracks Across Africa," Ivan Carter is dedicated entirely to the pursuit of Africa's "Big Seven," which gives unique insight into the hunt for elephant, Cape buffalo, lion, leopard, and rhino, as well as the aquatic heavyweights, hippo and Nile crocodile, all seen from the perspective of the Professional Hunter.
- "Marc & Todd's Crazy Clips": Comic Marc Ryan brings a whole new side to the outdoors with this show. A 30-minute, action-packed showcase of the wildest, most outrageous situations, stunts, crashes, pranks and surprises ever seen outdoors and caught on video. From hunters attacked by their prey to off-roaders getting stuck in the mud and powerboat towing mishaps, "Marc & Todd's Crazy Clips" collects and presents the craziest clips from across America and presents them in a fast-paced, laugh-filled half-hour.
All new episodes from these returning favorites will premiere this quarter:
- "Choose Your Weapon": This show explores the extremes and pushes the boundaries of equipment, methods, and disciplines to help hunters discover the right weapon for the right job. Hosts Jim Burnworth and Ray Bunney start each show by picking one animal or style of hunting then dig into the facts and myths surrounding their weapon choices.
- "Madfin Shark Series": The 7th annual Madfin Shark Series returns as the only nationally televised catch and release shark competition in the world. After a one-year departure the Series returns to Key West, Fla., and the crystal clear waters of the Florida Keys. A completely new format includes four teams made up of male and female competitors hunting for and catching dangerous sharks, measuring them at the boat and releasing them alive for points. This new team format features married and dating couples, which will bring a whole new level of drama to their relationships when thrust in the stressful situation of dealing with 100- to 800-pound sharks at the boat.
- "Heartland Bowhunter": Documents the adventures of the team led by Michael Hunsucker as they bowhunt all over the Midwest for anything from whitetail deer to Canadian geese. Join the team for some incredible bow hunts from Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, South Dakota, and North Dakota.
- "Savage Wild": Armed with only his wits, the most rudimentary tools and devices, and zero armor, predatory expert Manny Puig guides viewers through some of the murkiest waters and most dangerous places on earth, in an informative and heart-stopping half hour that makes you think twice before going below the surface.
- "The Bassmasters 2013": Chronicles the competition from each Bassmaster Elite Series event. Hosted by Tommy Sanders and Mark Zona, The Bassmasters serves fishing fanatics with the most comprehensive how-to, where-to information about how Elite Series pros tackle a body of water. The show provides in-depth analysis on lure choice, fish management, the mental approach to fishing and countless other variables that affect the competition.
- "STIHL'S TIMBERSPORTS Series": The STIHL® TIMBERSPORTS® Series attracts the world's best lumberjack athletes in a competition based on historic logging techniques. Seen by millions of viewers annually in more than 62 countries, the Series features the nation's best lumberjacks, challenging them in the ultimate test of strength, endurance, stamina, tool skill and agility. It's competition at its finest!
In case you missed them the first time, Outdoor Channel will re-air episodes from these network favorites:
- "Bottom Feeders": Follows three teams of commercial fishermen battling the harsh conditions of the environment while searching lakes and rivers for the opportunity to net thousands of unwanted fish (Carp, Sheepshead, Buffalo).
- "King of the Spring": Pits brothers Mark and Terry Drury against one another in the ultimate turkey competition. Each lead a team of celebrity and industry leaders, including Rascal Flatts singer Gary LeVox, St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Kyle McClellan, and Outdoor Channel's very own CEO Tom Hornish, in pursuit of 12 turkeys in three short weeks.
- "Elite Tactical Unit: S.W.A.T": Hosted by Mykel Hawke, the series debuted as Outdoor Channel's first-ever tactical competition series and featured two teams made up of the best special weapons and tactics operators. Competitors vie for more than $110,000 in cash and prizes for themselves and the S.W.A.T. departments they serve back home.
- "The Bass Pros": Cover the basics in Bass 101, explore the hottest topics in Fishin' in Five, and learn the latest trends, baits and techniques from the world's top anglers. Featuring multiple anglers every week, The Bass Pros covers the country looking for new and better ways to fish for Smallies, Kentuckies, and Largemouth bass.
- "Michael Waddell's Bone Collector": Bone Collector documents - in high definition - the culture of the hunter; the brotherhood of sportsmen that have true passion for the game, the land, and the lifestyle. With world-class production and marketing teams behind it, Bone Collector brings a fresh, honest and youthful approach to America's Leader In Outdoor TV.
- "Gridiron Outdoors": Hosted by Mike Pawlawski, this series features current and retired players who are taking their "A" game into the wild and onto the water to experience the adventures of hunting and fishing. Get ready to watch some of the biggest names in professional and college football - like Ohio State coach Urban Meyer, San Francisco 49ers all-pro left tackle, Joe Staley, and the "Mad Bomber" Daryle Lamonica - tackle the challenges of the great outdoors all while getting an entertaining glimpse into their football lifestyles.
- "The Crush with Lee & Tiffany": Follow married couple and outdoors enthusiasts, Lee & Tiffany Lakosky in a reality-type show that shows the good, the bad and the ugly of a not so typical hunting season. Also including their friends Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, Gary LeVox, and others coming to Iowa to hunt and hang out, the show promises fast paced editing showcasing the planning, travel and in-the-field action from start to finish.
- "Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild": This award-winning show is about connecting with the people at a spiritual and intellectual level and showing passion and enthusiasm for hunting, fishing and trapping. Hosted by lifelong sportsman, American icon and Outdoor Channel favorite, Ted Nugent.
Complete Program Guide