Editor's Best of ICAST 2011 - Numa Sport Eyewear
Numa's Tough-Flex Sport Eyewear Wowed Us
By: Jeff Phillips
Recently, Bassmaster Elite Series Pro Terry Butcher showed me a pair of Numa sunglasses. After a quick demonstration, I immediately put Numa on my list of exhibitors to visit.
There are many other companies out there that have eyewear that provide polarized lens, provide UV protection, scratch resistance, have interchangeable lenses, etc. Numa provides all the same features and benefits at a competitive retail price that ranks with other quality eyewear. What separates Numa from the rest of the pack is how tough their Tough-Flex frames are. In fact, they are the toughest I have ever seen and might be a good choice for Superman.
I’m sure they could be destroyed under the tires of a Mack truck or by the intense heat of an acetylene blowtorch, but under the foot and weight of a human, no problem. For proof, we have a video showing a person jumping up and down on a pair of the cool shades.
X-Frame Features and Extras:
- Reliable Tough-Flex Frame
- No-Slip TAK-Rubber nose- and temple-pads
- Anti-fog venting between lens and frame
- Interchangeable lenses: super-easy Pivot-n-Slide™ System
- P3 Lens Kit: Polarized Smoke, High-Contrast Mandarin, Clear
- Anti-scratch coat on lenses
- Anti-reflective on outer surface of low-light lenses to reduce glint
- Lenses exceed ANSI z87 for impact protection/optics
- Lens/Frame system exceeds ANSI 80.3
- Case: Floatable neoprene and nylon with spare lens sleeves
- Cleaning cloth microfiber pouch
- 100% UV protection
- Retail Price: $119.99
Numa, I’m impressed. Next year, if we could get the Tough-Flex frames with an internal homing device, integrated video camera and a Bluetooth earbud, I’d really be impressed.
For a photo gallery from the 2011 ICAST show floor, including Numa products, please click here.
For all of OutdoorChannel.com's ICAST 2011 coverage, please click here.
Share This Story