Cajun Deep-Fried Wild Turkey Recipe (Photo courtesy of MissHomemade.com)
1. Pour peanut oil into the fryer and heat to 375 degrees. Make sure that the turkey is thawed and dried completely before submerging in the hot oil.
2. Tie two strings completely around the bird so you can lift it out easier. Turn off the flame before you lower the turkey in the hot oil and when done, turn the burner back on.
3. Fry the turkey for approximately 3½ minutes per pound. The turkey will float to the top when it is done.
4. Add the garlic and cayenne powder to the melted butter and brush on the turkey.
5. Allow to sit for at least 20 minutes before carving.
6. When the turkey is done, remove the bird from the oil and immediately dust with the Cajun seasoning.