Feel free to top off your pie with some whipped cream.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. While the oven is preheating, prepare your pie crust. Mix shortening, flour and salt together with a fork or pastry blender until very crumbly. Add as much water as needed to hold together and mix lightly with a fork.
3. Roll gently on a floured pastry cloth to about an inch larger than pie plate. Fold carefully in half, lift to pie plate and unfold. Press into pan.
4. For the filling, mix all pumpkin pie filling ingredients together in a bowl. Pour into the prepared pie shell.
5. Bake pie 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake another 45 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.