Protect Those Gun Safe Queens with a Long-Term Firearm Treatment
A little time spent applying a good protectant to guns before they are put away for storage will help maintain firearm appearance, function and value
A small investment in time and money is a cheap insurance policy for long-term gun storage. The key to worry-free protection is using a treatment specially made to do the job. (Photo courtesy of Otis)
By: OutdoorChannel.com Staff
When storing guns for an extended period of time, protect them from the harsh effects of moisture and humidity with a treatment specifically engineered for the job, such as the Otis Long Term Firearm Protectant.
This bio-based formula uses water displacement and leaves a thin, waxy film to protect against corrosion for long-lasting protection. Protects firearms up to 12 months, if used indoors.
- Protects firearms from oxidation, rust and corrosion
- Ideal for use for end-of-season storage
- Displaces water and leaves a thin waxy film
- Protects firearms indoors 12 months
- Available in 4-ounce aerosol
How to Use (Aerosol)
- Make sure firearm is unloaded and refer to the firearm’s manual for proper maintenance.
- After cleaning and lubricating the firearm, according to the firearm’s manual, hold the Otis Long Term Protectant can 6 to 10 inches away from the firearm and apply a light amount to metal parts. For more controlled coverage, apply a small amount to a cleaning patch or gun cloth and wipe on where needed.
- Reapply as needed over time.
- To remove, if desired, use Otis Firearm Surface Prep.
Share This Story