Italian Venison Sausage Sandwiches Recipe
Made with only four ingredients, this Italian Venison Sausage Sandwiches Recipe was created by skilled bowhunter, Karin Holder
These Italian venison sausage sandwiches are toasted to perfection and filled with venison meat, warm mozzarella cheese and seasoned tomato sauce. (Karin Holder photo)
Karin Holder, co-host of Raised Hunting and skilled bowhunter brings us this Italian Venison Sausage Sandwiches Recipe. “These sandwiches are a favorite recipe of ours during deer season when we need fast and easy lunches,” Karen says. They are the perfect, warm meal to come back to after a long day out in the field and will be sure to leave you satisfied.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound lean elk/venison sausage
- Soft Italian hoagie buns of choice
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Brown elk venison sausage in a frying pan with olive oil. If you don't have elk venison sausage, add the following seasonings to your choice of meat: freshly chopped garlic, freshly chopped basil, onion powder, paprika, ground pepper, garlic powder and salt.
2. Add tomato sauce to frying pan and simmer until warmed through.
3. Slice hoagie buns, scoop meat into them and then top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake in a 325-degree oven until cheese is melted and bread is slightly toasted.