Taking viewers across America and around the world on unparalleled adventures since 1993, Outdoor Channel is America’s Leader In Outdoor TV. Dedicated to the outdoor lifestyle and conservation, the independent cable network is a division of Outdoor Sportsman Group and provides a complete spectrum of riveting hunting, fishing, shooting and adventure entertainment. Outdoor Channel is received by nearly 40 million U.S. households – the largest outdoor TV footprint in the country – and is available in more than 50 countries internationally. Outdoor Channel can be viewed in HD and is accessible by broadband and mobile platforms. For program times and other information, visit www.outdoorchannel.com/Schedule. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest and download our iPhone app.
Benefitting from a Strong Leadership Team:
With Jim Liberatore at the helm as CEO and President, he is focused on Outdoor Channel’s continued growth as the premiermulti-media destination for outdoor enthusiasts. The senior management team is rounded out by hand-picked, seasoned executives in affiliate sales, advertising sales, legal and accounting/finance.
Largest Footprint in the Outdoor Category… and Growing:
Outdoor Channel takes viewers across the country and around the world, sharing unmatched thrills and adventures through the eyes of esteemed outdoor personalities and celebrities. The Nielsen-rated, independent cable network reaches nearly 40 million U.S. households – the largest outdoor TV footprint in the country – with well-established relationships across leading multiple system operators, satellite providers and telecommunications carriers.
In July 2010, Outdoor Channel became the only full-time network in the outdoor genre to provide a dedicated high definition broadcast, featuring 100% native HD content. Outdoor Channel HD now exceeds 14.95 million total subscribers and features the sights, sounds and excitement of Outdoor Channel's popular programming with razor-sharp clarity in widescreen format
Outdoor Channel launched overseas in August of 2010 and now reaches nearly 10 million full time international subscribers in over 50 countries through partnerships with London-based Chello Zone and Singapore-based Multi Channels Asia. Moreover, the network is available to 60 million part-time digital pay TV households in China.
Valued Partner for Advertisers:
Outdoor Channel offers advertisers the greatest opportunity to reach hunters, anglers, shooters, off roaders and beyond, with a strong concentration of the coveted men 25-54 demographic earning a median income that beats the primetime cable average. The Company attracts a spectrum of endemic and non-endemic advertisers, including a growing roster of blue chip brands. Outdoor Channel offers creative, customized 360° solutions that go beyond the traditional “spots and dots” model. Advertisers can utilize Outdoor Channel on air, online and mobile platforms as a vehicle to tap into passionate outdoor audiences on a national, regional and local level, ensuring them a strong foothold among viewers with a high level of engagement. Integration opportunities include sponsorships, product placements, stunts and events, making the brand a strategic part of a well-rounded media plan.
Robust Digital Strategy:
OutdoorChannel.com, the leading website in the outdoor entertainment category, currently attracts over one million unique visitors per month. The site is a comprehensive source of online entertainment and information for outdoor enthusiasts, offering an extensive video library, in-depth show synopses and talent profiles. To further extend its brand, the Company has a compelling social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and YouTube.
Best in Class Programming:
Since Outdoor Channel reaches viewers at every major touchpoint in their lives, it's only natural that the Company invests heavily in its family-friendly content. Refreshing its programming quarterly with new and returning original series, the network packs its schedule with authentic hunting, fishing, shooting, adventure and conservation shows, like "Crush with Lee & Tiffany," "Realtree Road Trips with Michael Waddell," "MidwayUSA’s Gun Stories," "Under Armour Presents Ridge Reaper," "Jim Shockey's UNCHARTED," "Jack Link’s Major League Fishing," "Buccaneers & Bones," and "Sasquatch," Outdoor Channel is home to the best producers and the most authentic personalities in the outdoor industry. And, because the love of the great outdoors runs deep, world-renowned actors, musicians, athletes and more frequently appear on the network.
Commitment to Conservation:
Outdoor Channel is the first network to exclusively cover the outdoors. As such, the Company has willingly and eagerly taken on the responsibility of conservation and preservation. Outdoor Channel has unique partnerships with top conservation organizations and promotes the spirit in all of its content and across all of its platforms in order to ensure that future generations can enjoy the country's cherished outdoor heritage.
The Outdoor Category, By The Numbers:
- There are more than 78 million outdoor enthusiasts, including 38 million hunters and anglers, in the US. (Source: 2013 MRI Doublebase)
- Hunters, anglers and wildlife-watchers had a combined $145 billion total expenditures, including equipment, trip-related expenses, membership dues, etc. (Source: 2011 U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Survey; survey released every 5 years)
- As part of this, hunting and firearms sales combined with fishing tackle, camping, optics and archery sales totaled an astounding $11.5 billion in annual sales and place the hunting & fishing equipment category above all other sports equipment sales categories. (Source: 2012 National Sporting Goods Association)
- Outdoors enthusiasts outnumber sports participants. (Source: 2013 MRI Doublebase)
- There are more than twice as many outdoor enthusiasts as there are NASCAR TV viewers.
- There are more than three times as many outdoor enthusiasts as there are tennis TV viewers.
- There are more than three times as many outdoor enthusiasts as there are hockey TV viewers.
- There are more than three times as many outdoor enthusiasts as there are golf participants.
- There are more than three times as many outdoor enthusiasts as there are baseball game attendees (includes college and professional).
- There are almost twice as many outdoor enthusiasts as there are people who attend all of the major team sports combined (includes baseball, basketball, football, hockey, lacrosse, soccer and volleyball).
1000 Chopper Circle
Denver, CO 80204
< does this go on all content pages for mag? >