Jalapeño Blue Cheese Venison Burgers Recipe
This hunting and camping recipe will come in handy when you are deep in the woods on a hunt or in your own backyard
This juicy jalapeño blue cheese venison burger tastes even better with bacon and extra jalapeño slices. (Photo courtesy of MissHomemade.com)
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 1 pound ground venison (ground turkey or ground beef)
- 1/4 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Do not overwork the meat when combining or it will be tough.
Form into 6 patties and place on the grill to cook. You may also put them in foil packets and place on hot coals, or even fry them. I always brown the bun with butter in a pan, broiler or grill.
Cook for 10 to 15 minutes
and garnish with blue cheese crumbles – or blue cheese dressing - bacon and extra jalapeno slices if you wish.
Serve with homemade french fries or potato wedges.
For more hunting and venison recipes visit MissHomemade.com.