Thoughts on the Glock G43
As the ONLY gun person in the entire United States to have NOT been summoned to Smyrna and given a 150-10,000 rounds with the G43, I have a few observations based on the “exclusive first looks” at the single stack 9mm that is destined to change not only the world, but possibly the entire universe. Or not.
The G43 compared to the G26:
- The G43 is a single stack version of the venerable G2, except…
- It’s shorter, but only by a little itsy bit.
- It’s taller, but only by the same little itsy bit
- It’s skinnier, by a bunch (okay, by .16 of an inch, the thickness of a couple of quarters and a bit)
- It weighs a bunch less, as much as a full stick of butter, plus maybe a smear
- The mag holds 6 rounds instead of 10, which would be 40% less
The G43 compared to the G42:
- It’s a 9mm instead of a .380…do the math yourself
Read the rest of “Thoughts on the Glock G43” at http://www.downrange.tv/blog/thoughts-on-the-glock-g43/34370/.