Crush Recipe: Venison Mac and Cheese Balls
That's right … venison AND mac and cheese, all balled up into the ideal, bite-sized party appetizer
Venison Mac and Cheese Balls Recipe (Photo courtesy of Shaun Davies)
Yield: 20 venison mac and cheese balls
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups mac and cheese (favorite recipe; out of the box; leftovers; whatever you choose!)
- 2 cups grilled and cubed venison tenderloin
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
1. Combine cooked mac and cheese and cubed venison, and then refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
2. Shape into small balls (bite size) and lay on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight or at least 8 hours.
3. After 8 hours, remove mac and cheese balls from freezer. In a bowl, combine egg and milk. Dip a ball into the egg and milk mixture, and then coat with breadcrumbs. Repeat. Fry in a small saucepan filled with vegetable oil until golden brown. Enjoy!
For more recipes from Crush with Lee & Tiffany, visit TheCrush.tv.